FAQs for admission


HSC or 12thstd. exam or equivalent like SSC+3-Year Diploma (On merit basis)


Graduation in any field and N-2 or Old Level L-2 or NATT Q2 and above.

Bachelors of Arts in Japanese language from TMV.

Passing an Entrance exam is compulsory

(Entrance exam is conducted after results of Final exam of Third Year B.A. students)

Open Courses

Certificate: S.S.C Examination or its equivalent

Diploma: Certificate course in Japanese or JLPT N5 (Old Level 4)

Advanced Diploma: Diploma course in Japanese or JLPT N4 (old Level 3)

Special Advanced Diploma: Advance Diploma course in Japanese or JLPT N3 and above


3 years


2 Years

Open courses

1 Year


10.00 am to 1.00 pm. 6 days a week


7.30 am to 10.00 am. 4 days a week

Open courses

6.30 pm to 8.30 pm. Thrice a week

Please refer to the links below for detailed information about course structure.

BA Japanese

MA Japanese

Open courses

Yes, there are Japanese native teachers.

BA and MA Japanese courses are completely conducted offline. No distance learning is provided for these courses.

For open courses contact Skills department (020-24403032).

We give 100% assistance, however getting job completely depends upon recruiter and caliber of student.

Usually there is ample of requirement in industry but ultimately it depends upon student’s skills and abilities and role requirement.

Yes, Students can avail library facility by getting a membership card.

Yes, for BA, MA courses material and notes are provided by department from time to time.

For open courses, please contact skill department (020-24403032).

Scholarships usually start from second year of BA. University has tie-ups with 8 Universities in Japan.

Through different scholarships students go to Japan for the period of 15 days to 10 months depending upon type of scholarship.

This scholarship is awarded through exam conducted by Japan government. Students get a chance to study in the Japanese Universities of their choice for a whole year. Students with excellent academic records are selected for this exam.

In language itself

BA or MA Japanese can work in a company as a language expert or coordinator where in he/she needs to interpret in client calls or meetings. He/she has to translate emails, different documents from J to E and E to J. Teaching Japanese language is another good field. Corporate trainings, teaching in classes etc. can be good option. Translation, subtitling, transcription etc. are some other fields in language field.

Using language as medium of communication

Here the person has expertise in his/her own field and as an additional skill he/she uses Japanese language.